Monday Oct 7, 2019
This week was filled with events that felt like they lasted forever. Why I say that is because we had so many things go longer than I thought it would. Okay well we did have Interviews on Tuesday and that was awesome. I love talking with President Dalton and asking him questions that I need answers to. There was a lot on my mind this time and at the end of it I needed a Blessing on how to go forward. I'm hoping that I'll be able to stay in contact with this family after my Mission. Unless of course he becomes a Seventy in the Church so I'll have to get in touch with him through Email.
We also helped out a nonmember this week get some stuff into a Barn. It was only a couple of things that needed to be moved so obviously it should only take about an hour right? Well it took about 4 hours. The problem was that her Grandson kind of sabotages her home a little bit such as replacing the Lock on the Barn and taking things from her home. I don't know why this happens to her all the time but I wish it wasn't such a big problem for her. After trying to find ways to break the lock we were finally able to break it open with a saw that a Member let us use. It was a pain but I'm glad that we got the situation sorted out. I really hope that it doesn't happen again. We had to go to this persons house the next day and move some furniture around which took a long time as well. At least we got some service hours this week.
Now for the big thing that happened this week and that was General Conference! I absolutely love sitting down on the couch and watching Conference Sessions for more than 8 hours. What can be better than that!? I can't really say what was my favorite talk but I did enjoy President Ballards talk a lot. He is the man and I can't remember if I said it before but I'll say it again. I really want to meet President M. Russell Ballard before he passes away. He is probably my favorite Apostle that I have listened to. It's not like I listen to his October 1997 General Conference talk all the time or anything. Listen to it if you have the chance, it's one of the best talks out there. Anyways Elder Uchtdorfs talk was pretty sweet when he went straight into the Hobbit. Such an awesome General Conference talk. We watched General Conference at the Johnstons house where the Yarbroughs and the Permenters came to watch. They all seemed to really enjoy it. I'm hoping that the Permenters will investigate the Church soon. That was pretty much our week besides knocking doors and cleaning out our Area Book so we can help people who are actually interested in the Gospel. In fact we went to one persons house where they went inside as they saw it. We decided to leave a card at their door and told them to call us if they are not interested. As we knocked the house next door they gave us a call and asked us to come over. They told us they were still interested and we taught a short Restoration lesson with them. They are going to start reading and praying about the Book of Mormon which is awesome! Anyways I hope you all have a great week and I'll talk to you again soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment